Jewelry Care Guide
Designed for longevity, all Norrfolks pieces are made of durable 18 karat gold that will not tarnish or discolor over time. Our jewelry is crafted for everyday wear, however we recommend you to wear your piece with care to extend its lifetime.
Fine Jewelry Care
- Store your jewelry in your Norrfolks box to protect it from tangling or scratching and keep it separated from other jewelry.
- When getting dressed we suggest you put on your jewelry last and take it off first, so it will not risk getting caught on your clothing.
- Make sure to remove your jewelry before going to sleep, doing dishes, exercising, gardening work, heavy lifting or such to avoid bending, dulling or losing your jewelry.
- Avoid contact with chlorine, perfumes, hairspray, body lotions, cleaners and other products containing chemicals as it can dull the gold or scratch it.
- Be gentle to your chains, do not force or pull them.
- Follow the Fine Jewelry Care routines as listed above.
- Try to not touch your diamond as the oil and dirt you pass on from your fingers can cloud the diamond.
- Do not store diamonds together, as they can scratch each other.
- Get your diamond jewelry checked once a year with us, or a trusted jeweler, to ensure the settings are secure.
- If your diamond looks cloudy or dull it might be because it is a bit dirty. Residue from soap, lotion and such can coat the diamond and will need to be removed for it to regain its sparkle and shine. Please follow our cleaning instructions below.
Cleaning your jewelry can be done as often as you feel necessary. Please follow the below steps to clean your jewelry.
- Soak your diamond jewelry in a solution of warm water and mild detergent.
- Use a soft toothbrush to gently brush away any residue.
- Rinse your diamond jewelry in warm water and dry it with a cleaning cloth before putting it on again.
We do recommend having your jewelry professionally cleaned once a year, which we can gladly assist you with.
White Gold Care
- White gold jewelry is coated with rhodium to give its chrome-like color and shine.
- This coating will wear off over time and can be reapplied, if needed, which is something we will happily help you with.
- How often your jewelry needs to be recoated is very individual and depends on how often it is worn and how your own skin oils react with the rhodium.
You can find more information about our After Sales Services in the Customer Care section of our website.